These are my notes from the YouTube video below about using Org-mode in Emacs.
- To create a bullet point: Alt-Enter
- To make a sub-topic: Alt-Enter, Alt-Right arrow
- You can move a (sub-)topic up or down the list: Alt-Up arrow; Alt-Down arrow
- To mark an item as TODO: Shift-Right arrow
- To mark item as DONE: hit Shift-Right arrow again
- To unmark an item TODO: Shift-Left arrow
- To create a check box: Type – [ ]
- You can mark the check box: Ctrl-C Ctrl-C
- In the main item, type [/] and then Ctrl-C Ctrl-C. It will now show the fraction of checkboxes marked.
- Alternatively, type [%] and then Ctrl-C Ctrl-C. It will now show the percentage of checkboxes marked.
- Set a deadline: Ctrl-C Ctrl-D.
- Creating tags for item: Ctrl-C Ctrl-C
- Hide content of an item: Tab
- Shift-Tab will cycle through the different levels of indentation
Tags: emacs, org-mode, phd writing, thesis, writing
Comments feed for this article
Trackback link: https://kohar.ca/writing/taking-notes-in-emacs-org-mode/trackback/